The department of Design, a home for most of CoID studies is located inside the building of the School of Arts, Design and Architecture in Arabianranta, in the north-eastern part of Helsinki 25 minutes away from the city center. It’s a multifunctional space consisting of showrooms, offices, restaurants, a museum in addition to classrooms and studios.
- More about Arabia Campus: arts.aalto.fi/en/campuses/arabia.
- Map of the Arabia and Helsinki area: pdf.
The campus hosts many workshops and facilities for creative work:
- wood, metal, ceramics and glass workshops
- Aalto Fablab — an open-access digital fabrication lab that support Aalto University’s educational and research endeavours.
- Electronics studio — a part of the FabLab that can help any Aalto people learn the basics of do-it-yourself building.
- Media Centre Lume — one of the best equipped media production resources in European media schools.